Remodel-Fun Part!

 The best part of the re-model is the opportunity to re-decorate.  In Creating My Space I took the approach of re-furbishing old furniture and added new items too.  I know this isn't a new trend, but I still absolutely love it.  Buying re-furbished furniture or doing it yourself is one way of recycling. 😁  

To start my re-decorating adventure.  I used a lot of different photos of different decorating schemes or styles that I liked.  What I found in doing this is a lot of the pictures were of bigger houses, bigger spaces. So I had to be careful in what I did.  I wanted my space to look clean and not cluttered, but get the same esthetic.  One of my favorite updates was the dinning area.  The picture on the left is my updated dinning space, the picture on the left was my inspiration. Thanks to Pinterest!



The best way to find what you want is to be adventures.  My mom got me started on a barn sale trail in our area.  It happens 4 times year and we go together.  This has been the best way to find new goodies and treasures.  Plus you get to meet some great women along the way.  I would venture to say this is now a tradition for my mom and I.  They kick this trail off on a Friday and it runs the weekend.  I usually take Friday off  and we spend all day driving around to shop these different barns.  We stop and grab lunch then finish the day with dinner.   Before I go, I always think about my space, visit my Pinterest post and put a plan together.  If you don't you may end up spending more then what you budgeted for!  

If barn sales are not your style then the next best thing is a great thrift or antique shop.  You can find lots of treasures to help you start creating your space.  At one of my local shops I found two chairs for five dollars.  They were very sturdy and exactly what I was looking for.  They just needed a little TLC. Once I got the chairs home, I cleaned them up.  Took out the screws and added wood glue and put the screws back in.  I let the chairs sit for a few days.  I then went to my local fabric store, picked up some foam to replace the seats.  I also stopped at my local hardware store for a couple cans of spray paint.  These two chairs cost me under thirty dollars to refurbish.  One of my favorite items to date that I have done.  





If you interested in more information check out my Facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/

https://www.pinterest.com/nicolewhitely/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating Space & Life- Remodel

Hello! Here We Go